I’ve been so busy this week that my usual blog planning has pretty much gone out of the window. It’s Saturday afternoon as I write this and I have some downtime for half an hour or so. I’m using the time to compile my thoughts about the past 7 days.
Last weekend was quite relaxed and I didn’t really do all that much really. It was nice to just chill out and relax after my first few days at work. This week has been busy really getting to grips with my new job and seeing what needs to be done over the coming weeks and months.
I’ve spent the rest of the week around work, getting all excited over the awesomeness of Game of Thrones and headed out to Tramshed on Wednesday evening for a couple of drinks. It’s been a great little addition to the week, giving me some relaxing time between work and sleep. It’s meant a little less time to blog but I expected that when I started my new job. After a few weeks I should be in the swing of things.
That being said, I’m making the most of this weekend in terms of writing as it is my last free weekend for 4 weeks. It’s also one of only 3 free weekends of my summer so I’d better make the most of the time to blog and relax and check out the Glasto coverage too.
Me and the boyfriend visited The Tramshed in Sheffield for evening drinks this week / Dinner: Cheese and Leek Plait, Homemade Potato Salad and Watercress Salad.
5 Happy Things from this Week
- My days starting to become a routine again which is something I appreciate. Plus, it’s a nice routine that I enjoy and that is what makes it even better.
- Starting to feel a little more settled in my job. Just spending time working out what needs to be done is the most beneficial thing you can do when starting a new role.
- Midweek drinks with the boyfriend. When the weather is nice, it’s lovely to get out after work, enjoying the weather and having some quality time for ourselves.
- Monday’s episode of Game of Thrones! It was so bloody amazing! I’ve waited all series for this and it finally happened. I spent all Tuesday thinking about just how good an episode it was.
- Realising that I only have to pack and get my currency now for mine and the boyfriend’s holiday in a week and a half! Everything else is done so I can relax a bit and get excited for his birthday next weekend!
What I’ve Been Listening To
Drenge – We Can Do What We Want
Foals – Mountain At My Gates
You can check out this week’s tracks of the week #150 or you can check out the celebratory playlist below:
What I’ve Been Reading
- Marisa Bate of The Pool discusses the referendum vote, what this may mean for the country and her thoughts on it all.
- From The Guardian, meet the 75% of young people who voted to Remain
- I love books and bookshops just as much as Lauren Laverne does, it’s my most favourite of past times. This is such a lovely read for all book lovers out there. (The Pool)