After a lovely weekend last weekend where I witnessed one of my friend’s get married, it’s been a somewhat underwhelming week that followed although I guess that is to be expected after such a great weekend.
The wedding really was beautiful and lovely. There was great weather for the day and it was a day I truly enjoyed every single minute of. It was just a wonderful thing to experience, two people getting married, and it was lovely to be able to be a small part of it.
There has been some encouraging news for me this week so that was something that put me in a good mood which was what I really needed after a tough few weeks. All that coupled with going to see Busted on Tuesday and the promise of having a week out of Sheffield next week have made me feel much more positive about my situation and the coming months this week.
My time out of Sheffield next week I think will be good for me, I love my city but sometimes I feel a little suffocated by it so being away with the promise of countryside close by, quiet all around and the opportunity for me to focus on work and this blog is something I very much need and I know I will truly cherish.
A couple from Busted at Sheffield arena earlier this week, such a great show!
5 Happy Things from This Week:
- My friend got married this weekend making her the first of our school friendship group to tie the knot. It was a beautiful and lovely day and I really did have the best time with my friends celebrating two people’s love for each other.
- I went to see Busted on Tuesday night which was pretty great! Me and my boyfriend got our tickets given to us by my friend’s parents and we really did have a great night, their tour set up and setlist is great. So good to finally see Busted!
- Some good news this week that I’m hoping translates into even better news soon, I don’t want to say much more as I don’t want to jinx things but good news has been very welcome this week after the last few weeks.
- Looking forward to next week and getting out of Sheffield for a bit. In the week, I’m staying at my boyfriend’s parents as we dogsit and next weekend is my friend’s hen do in Nottingham and I’m so excited for both, especially for the change of scenery.
- Finally seeing The Jungle Book on Friday night which was an absolutely great film! Go catch it in the cinemas now if you still can.
What I’ve Been Listening To:
Foals – What Went Down
Haim – Days Are Gone
In case you missed it, you can check out this week’s tracks of the week #145
What I’ve Been Reading:
- It was another great column from Lauren Laverne this week on The Pool, this time it was all about her meeting her hero Laurie Anderson and having some rules to live by. There are some great thoughts in this piece and it does get you wondering just exactly what rules are important to yourself when it comes to your own life.
- Just why we need to save the BBC Food site by Ella Risbridger on The Pool!
- How to support a friend/family member who is struggling with their mental health, some great advice to help anyone you may know with mental health struggles from Daisy Buchanan (The Pool).