Another week gone already! How time seems to be flying at the moment! I’m writing this on Friday night before a busy weekend including my friend’s wedding, the first of my group of school friends to get married and it will be a big moment for the whole group as well as for her and her soon to be husband. I’m excited for the wedding and to see them and their daughter become an even closer family unit.
Last weekend was lovely and chilled out which is just what I needed I think. On Friday night, me and the boyfriend went to the cinema to see Bastille Day which is pretty good, a solid Friday night film really. On Saturday, the spring cleaning took place before heading out on Saturday evening to enjoy the nice weather and the lovely quiet of the British countryside. Sunday was a hot day so we decided to head to the Botanical Gardens for a picnic, like many other people in Sheffield had done and it was a lovely way to spend the afternoon. It’s a shame my migraine made us head home earlier than we would have liked but there will always be other days.
The weekdays themselves have been a perfect time for me to finally catch up on blog work and I’ve wrote a whopping 6 EP reviews, 2 new music posts, a tracks of the week post and this post here over the course of the week! Alongside, tidying, cleaning, organising and catching up on TV finally, I think I definitely deserve a drink or two this weekend at my friend’s wedding after this busy and productive week!
One from the weekend enjoying the nice weather and the beautiful British countryside / Avocado on Toast for lunch #nom
5 Happy Things From This Week
- Spending time enjoying the countryside over the weekend due to the nice weather and just being able to enjoy the quiet, peacefulness and the nature we are so lucky to have on our doorstep in this part of the UK.
- Having our first picnic of 2016 over the weekend, me and my boyfriend went up to the Botanical Gardens and enjoyed a lovely little picnic and took some time to enjoy the lovely weather and the relaxing atmosphere of just sitting in a park in the spring time.
- The lovely sunny days we have had this week and over the weekend, it’s nice to have some sun and warmth for a change!
- Getting organised and making headway through my to do list and the pile of PR emails I have to get through. My to do list is shorter and my inbox is significantly lighter and I have most definitely accomplished a lot so far this week.
- It may only be a small thing but finally getting chance to catch up on some of my favourite TV shows this week has been nice and enjoyable. I didn’t realise how far behind on all these series I was until this week but I’m now slowly but surely catching up!
What I’ve Been Listening To:
Tame Impala – The Less I Know The Better
In case you missed it, you can check out this week’s tracks of the week #144, my Eurovision special!
What I’ve Been Reading:
- Lauren Laverne’s column for The Pool this week is all about upsetting the normal and embracing the random, something I think I may need to try for myself to experience new things and take the path less trodden by myself for once, just to keep life a little more interesting.
- The beauty of Eurovision as told by Elizabeth Day of The Pool and is truly everything I agree with and love about Eurovision.