Last weekend was great! An absolutely lovely way to spend Record Store Day over at The Bath Hotel, buying some records, checking out Tom J Newell’s DJ set, drinking some lovely beer and enjoying the lovely company from regulars to newcomers alike. You can find out more about the day in this post and know that I truly had a lovely day and I hope the guys do something like this again next year.
This week has been a relatively quiet one as I’ve just been plugging away at working on the blog, trying to finish reading the Game of Thrones book I’m currently reading and watching the snooker world championships, which we all know is my favourite time of year.
The snooker being in Sheffield for yet another year not only gives me the chance to revel in my favourite sport but also serves as a nice reminder of when me and my boyfriend first met. Two years ago today was the first time we actually met and unfortunately for me, I’ve not been able to rid myself of him ever since. That’s the ending of the story I tell to everyone who ask how we met but luckily for my boyfriend, he’s more than accustomed to my sarcasm after so long which I guess is a good thing for the both of us. 🙂
Wore my oxblood velvet Doc Martens for the first time last week for afternoon tea / The delicious and amazing afternoon tea from Jameson’s Tea Rooms which I enjoyed last week as part of my birthday celebrations / Record Store Day Celebrations at The Bath Hotel / Plenty of awesome vinyl singles on offer over the weekend on Record Store Day / Lemon and Blueberry Loaf Cake, fresh out of the oven this week / Lemon and Blueberry Loaf Cake, the finished article
5 Happy Things from this week:
- My boyfriend very kindly going to pick up the Foals Record Store Day vinyl ‘Rain’ that had been restocked mid-week at Bear Tree Records in Sheffield. Another wonderful Foals addition to add to the collection of their stuff that I have collected so far. 🙂
- Baking a Lemon and Blueberry Loaf Cake for the first time this week and it turning out very well! I was super pleased with it and even more so because it is one of my favourite flavours of cake too.
- Record Store Day last weekend was a brilliant day and I really enjoyed spending my day at The Bath Hotel taking in their wonderful Record Store Day celebrations. Read more about the day here.
- Making good headway through Jessica Jones Season 1 on Netflix this week. Me and the boyfriend are finally getting round to watching some shows/films we’ve been wanting to watch for ages and it’s nice to just chill out for a couple of hours and watch some good TV.
- Seeing day on day and week on week improvements using my Fitbit already. Monitoring my exercise, sleep, food and water intake may sound to some people stressful but for me I love it and I’m fascinated by it all. It’s made me more determined to exercise more and better in order to reach my goals and I’m making a conscious effort to drink more water which is definitely a good thing for me. I’m looking forward to seeing more improvements over the coming weeks thanks to my Fitbit too.
What I’ve Been Listening To:
Tensnake – Desire in the Desert Mix
Friendly Fires – Hurting (Tensnake Remix)
In case you missed it, you can check out this week’s tracks of the week #141
What I’ve Been Reading:
- How to do less and achieve more, it’s something we all wish we could do and Shaa Wasmund has the answers in her piece for The Pool this week. Her four tips sound simple enough, they are things I think I may have to give a try myself.