It’s been yet another busy couple weeks and now it’s Friday night and I’ve only just had time to sit down and write this post, hence the lack of content. It’s been a busy few weeks at work and again I’m learning things along the way again which is definitely an added bonus to my job. I had the weekend to myself last weekend which hadn’t happened in a long time so I made the most of it by getting lots of things done, spending some time relaxing and managing to finally get on top of my blog and all the emails as well.
This weekend, I’m off out on the Saturday night with my boyfriend for a meal using the vouchers we got for Carluccio’s at Christmas and then spending the rest of my time sorting through my possessions for things to sell in order to streamline the things I own and make extra cash to put in savings for hopefully buying a house in the next few months!
My boyfriend is away for the weekend so he surprised me with these beautiful flowers / I made sweet potato fries for tea, they were pretty damn good.
Here’s my happy things for this week:
- The surprise of beautiful flowers from my boyfriend when I got home from work on Thursday night was lovely.
- My boyfriend got asked to write some pieces for The Football Ramble this week, it’s his favourite podcast so he’s pretty damn happy about it! The first piece went live on Friday afternoon and you can read it here.
- Generally just feeling the happiest I’ve felt for a long time, I think that’s because finally the future is starting to look more secure after such a tough year last year. It’s nice to feel happy and be able to plan ahead for once.
- Treating myself to a few last minute ASOS purchases. I’m on the quest to update my wardrobe and get some more work appropriate clothing so I don’t have to keep rotating the same things. The things I bought this week I think will be a good start.
- Getting around to doing some jobs that have been on my to do list for months! It was such a good feeling crossing those things off that list!
- Pancake Day! It’s the best day of the year for me and yet again it did not disappoint me at all! I bloody love pancakes!
What I’ve Been Listening To:
Hot Chip – Dancing In The Dark
Jack Penate – Be The One
In case you missed it, you can check out this week’s tracks of the week #134
What I’ve Been Reading:
- Lauren Laverne’s The Pool column this week about the women who rule Twitter and why it is a social media platform that is so good for them to utilise.
- The Realities of Finding Love on Twitter by Daisy Buchanan of The Pool. Something me and my boyfriend can totally relate to because that is where we met each other too.