After a great and relaxing weekend spent walking in the Peak District, vintage shopping, burger eating, tidying, blogging and House of Cards Season 3 finishing, I was ready to take on another working week.
Again, I still feel like I’m trying to get into the swing of working life, I’m getting better but the tiredness floors me every single day. Who knew sitting at a desk all day was so tiring, though not as tiring as working in the medicial profession or doing manual labour obviously.
I’m still in the balancing act between work, blog and social life, I’m sure I’ll get there soon but I still hate how disorganised I am at the minute. It’s the most unlike me I’ve been in a long time.
Lovely Veggie Burgers in Bungalows and Bears on Saturday as a pre-walk treat / The beauty in the bleakness of the Peak District / Went for a walk in the Peak District with my boyfriend on Saturday / Sunday night tea courtesy of my boyfriend and his soup making skills
Let’s have the return of my happy things though to spread some cheer this week:
- A lovely walk in the Peak District, getting out of the house, into the countryside, getting some fresh air and exercise was exactly what I needed.
- Buying a ton of awesome vintage clothing for only £20! Vintage sale shopping is perfect for my wardrobe and my bank balance.
- Booking flights to Copenhagen for me and my boyfriend in July! It’ll be our first holiday since last Spring and we are both more than ready for it. Copenhagen is definitely the perfect place for us to be going too.
- Learning more and more about Photoshop each week at work and managing to create something completely on my own without the help for tutorials this week. Mini wins at work are the best.
- Celebrating our 18 month anniversary with my boyfriend this week. It’s not a massive anniversary but it’s a big deal for us and my boyfriend made me a lovely playlist of some of my favourite tracks to celebrate too which was lovely.
- My boyfriend getting the new job that he really wanted! I’m so happy for him and immensely proud of him! 🙂
What I’ve Been Listening To:
Coasts – Modern Love
Haim – If I Could Change Your Mind
In case you missed it, you can check out this week’s tracks of the week #133
What I’ve Been Reading:
- This great piece from Lauren Laverne in The Pool about how we may have reached peak stuff and how there are some things we just can’t bear to get rid of.
- A great piece in The Guardian about the sexism found in words in the English language. This is something I’ve always thought about language and now there is some evidence to support it too.