It’s been an odd and difficult year in 2015 and I feel like in some ways I have accomplished a lot and in others I haven’t accomplished a thing. Looking back at my aims and plans for 2015, I don’t think I’ve stuck to them that much, honestly I think I forgot about them until November and then I didn’t really have much time to work on them.
I’m going to go over the points a little bit more below and then come up with some much more realistic aims for 2016 that hopefully I’ll stick to and succeed in this time.
- Grow the blog further, in terms of readers, content and reaching more people online
I definitely grew the blog last year, gaining a higher readership, a bigger following on Twitter, Bloglovin’ etc and pushed my content to more areas.
- Carry on incorporating more of my passions into the blog
I incorporated a lot more of passions on the blog in 2015, more than I ever have before. Switching the focus to more culture and lifestyle posts alongside music and food has really helped that.
- Learn more HTML
I’ve learnt a lot more HTML in the past year, mainly the past week or so really when creating this new site. I’m no HTML master but I know enough to get by.
- Take more pictures and become better at my photography.
This is something I barely did at all last year, I took pictures for the blog and daily stuff for Instagram but I completely neglected spending actual time learning more photography skills.
- Feature more music artists and more regularly
This I did, I really, truly completed this one and featured more artists than I ever have on my blog last year.
- Use social media to mine and my blog’s advantage as much as possible
I did this and I’ve learnt a lot this year. I learnt so much that now my job is to manage social media accounts for clients on a daily basis. I think this skill and what I have learnt has by far had the biggest effect on my life and career.
- Don’t be so scared to take risks in life whether on a career or personal life level
I think on this one I’m halfway there, I’ve taken risks transferring this site and funnelling my own money into it for the first time ever and I took a risk to look for a job turning down a role in the hope I’d be offered the one I loved. Both worked out for me and helped me grow in confidence, especially in the confidence of my skills, so hopefully this year I’ll carry on this trend and reap the rewards again.
- Grow my confidence and self esteem
This is always an ongoing battle for me, my confidence and self-esteem really is lacking and it’s been a tough year that has seen it take another hit. In some ways, I’ve grown, in others I’ve regressed. Again there is more work to be done on this in 2016.
- Take more time out to spend with the people I care about
Around all the stress and other things that happened in 2015, I managed to spend some time with the people I care most about. Not enough really but hopefully this year will be easier and I can focus on this one a lot more.
- Take more time out for myself and to look after number 1
I failed in this completely. Absolutely and completely failed.
- Become the best version of me I can possibly be
I’m working on this one, I feel closer to it than I ever have been though which is progress.
- Be happy and be appreciative of all that I have in my life
I’m much more appreciative of all I have in my life this days and I appreciate the need for me to work hard this year to achieve and have all I want by the end of next year. I’m happier in some ways but there is still work to be done on that.
- Learn as many skills relating to my job and blogging as I can – learn more HTML, design on photoshop more, write as much as possible etc.
- Use social media in new and innovative ways for work and the blog.
- Spend time working on my passions – photography, scrapbooking, writing outside of this blog.
- Understand the importance of sleep, create a better sleep routine, use meditation and relaxation techniques more.
- Eat healthily and mindfully using the most of the ingredients I have and appreciating where things come from.
- Exercise as much as I can – focus on yoga and pilates, push myself with high intensity workouts, go for more walks but learn to understand my body and when it needs to be rested and not pushed so much.
- Keep taking risks in my working life.
- Grow my confidence.
- Make time for the people I love and make time for myself to do the things I enjoy most.
- Read 20 books.
- Look after myself and stop ignoring my health and illness.
- Be happy.