My boyfriend made me a lovely cocktail this week with Sir Robin of Locksley Gin, Lemonade, Pomegranate Seeds and Orange / The greatest boots I have ever seen arrived this week – Silver Glittery Boots from Asos / Dressing as Dr Ellie Sattler from Jurassic Park for Halloween this year / A much needed and delicious veggie burger on Sunday afternoon
Another busy week comes to an end and I’m still in total shock that it is somehow already November. With the panic hat well and truly on, I decided I needed to get my act together this week and plan the next two month’s worth of content as well as looking at ideas for January so I can take an all important and much needed break over the Christmas period. Also, mentioning the dreaded C word, I also decided I needed to get my present buying act together this week and made lists galore for what still needs to be bought, worked out budgets and thought now was the perfect time to buy cards, gift wrap and all the other little things I forget about until the last minute. Here is to November scaring the crap out of me to be more productive and below are my 5 things that made me happy this week.
1) Attending my friend’s Halloween party over the weekend dressed as Dr Ellie Sattler from Jurassic Park and throughly enjoying my evening spent with some good friends.
2) Even though I felt really ill last Sunday, going out for a while with my boyfriend and heading to a lovely pub in one of the nicest areas of Sheffield for some delicious burgers made me feel a hell of a lot better and cheered me up lots too.
3) Having lots of my favourite TV programmes back such as Criminal Minds, Catastrophe, Vampire Diaries and The Affair as well as finding some new TV shows like The Last Kingdom to become obsessed with. Meaning I always have something good to watch at the moment which is perfect for cold Autumn nights where all I want to do is stay in, keep warm and watch something good on the telly.
4) Finishing buying all my boyfriend’s Christmas presents at the beginning of this week which was honestly an amazing feeling. I know he’ll be reading this so I just want him to know that firstly, your presents are awesome, I have outdone myself this year and secondly, don’t even bother trying to find them!
5) Having many productive days where I seem to be acheiving a lot more than I have done in a long time. Looking for a job, running a blog and completing all the other things I have to do in a day is pretty tiring and stressful but I think I’ve done well this week, here’s hoping that I hear back from some of these jobs.
What I’ve Been Listening To:
Foals – Birch Tree
Adele – Skyfall
In case you missed it, check out this week’s tracks of the week #123
What I’ve Been Reading:
– A great piece by Lauren Laverne for The Pool all about teaching your kids the value of money or more correctly how to teach your kids the value or importance of money. An issue I imagine all parents struggle with and something that I can only see being more and more important in the current economic climate.
– This great blog by Rebecca at From Roses all about her tattoos. It’s a really good read full of loads of interesting information from how to care for them to why she got them. I particularly relate to her paragraph about being a female with tattoos and the occasional horrible comments or looks you can get. I’ve been wanting to write a post about my tattoos for a while and I think this one may have just inspired me to talk about my ink.
– A great article on The Pool by Helen O’Hara all about the legacy of Jennifer Lawrence and Katniss Everdeen as The Hunger Games trilogy comes to an end this month.
– This piece by Lynn Enright on The Pool talks about what it means as a woman to ‘have it all’ and how it is a redundant concept as what each woman wants is personal to them. An interesting read especially for women in their 20’s.