Autumn is my favourite season for many reasons, the colours, the change is temperature and nature and of course the delicious food. As autumn is the time for the harvest, we are greeted with a plethora of beautiful, fresh and delicious vegetables and fruit for us to roast, sweeten and eat until our hearts content. For me though, one of the best things about the foods and scents of this season is the use of warming spices in everything from mulled wine to putting cinnamon on every apple you see. Cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg are by far my favourite smells and tastes, from gingerbread, parkin and apple crumble to spiced teas and filling foods they fulfil everything I need from my Autumn making me feel warm, happy and contented.
Above, I’ve put together some of my favourite foods, drinks, smells and tastes of the season. Things I plan on incorporating into my diet over the next few months, well the things I haven’t already incorporated anyway. If you are looking for some Autumn food inspiration, there is plenty here. What are your favourite Autumn tastes and scents?
– Sweet Potato Fries, source – theartofdoingstuff.com
– Lentil Chilli, source – littlebroken.com
– Apple and Blackberry Crumble, source – waitrose.com
– Mulled Wine, source – buzzfeed.com
– Roast Vegetables, source – buzzfeed.com
– Halloween Biscuits, source – flickr.com
– Hot Chocolate, source – estilo-tendances.com
– Butternut Squash Soup, source – vogue.co.uk
– Autumn Couscous Salad, source – foodiecrush.com